TU Kaiserslautern was founded on July 13, 1970. It ranks 43 in germany and 499 all over the
World .Earlier it was part of the twin University Trier/Kaiserslautern.It is a public research university.This university is organized into 12 faculties. Approximately 14,500 students are enrolled for now.This has an extraordinary infrastructure and ambience which enhance the student’s career.
It has 2196 academic staffs and 233 administrative staffs .You can persuade your Bachelor, Master, and PhD degrees.You can also, enroll yourself in Distance and Independent Studies centers. The University of Kaiserslautern offers many exciting opportunities for doctoral and postdoctoral candidates both in Germany and in other countries
University of Kaiserslautern Highlights :
|University Type||Public University|
|No. of Campuses||3|
|No. of Residence Halls||2|
|Cost of Attendance||23,741 EURO|
|Intake Type||Winter intake only|
|Mode of Program||Full time and online|
University of Kaiserslautern provides you with various programs like Bachelors,Masters,
Doctorate,Teacher Training,Diploma and Distance education.They have 12 faculties for
This university offers a multi-faceted balance to studying. Moreover, the university’s offer of
activities and events is also open to employees and their guests. Thus everyone at the TU truly feels at home.As an added feature it has a heart warming ambience.
All residence halls in Kaiserslautern are spacious, modern and low priced.There are quite a few advantages associated with living in a residence hall. Unfortunately however, there are fewer rooms than students at the university. In Germany, it is not very common to have a campus system providing each student with a room in a residence hall upon enrolment.
It is recommend to apply as soon as possible for a room in a residence hall.
- Application: Application can be made through both online
- Application deadline: Applications starts on winter of every year may and mid of december.The application form will be available online it should be filled manually after downloading from online portal and to attach the required document and sent it to address mentioned in the official website.Application deadline for various degrees differ.
- General requirements: Official University certificates, mark sheets, Proof of completed internships,Certificate of German language,school leaving certificates with individual subject grades.
- Additional requirements: Birth certificate, passport copy,Medical certificate,Insurance documentation, Valid student Visa.
Cost of attendance:
No program fees, program fees are covered by the state of Rhineland Palatinate.
Social Fee: 400 EUR per year
Approximately 200 EUR per semester, the fee includes e.g.:
- Free bus & train transportation in the area around Kaiserslautern
- More than 50 free university sports courses, e.g. Aikido, Basketball, Cricket and many more
Language & Orientation Course: 750 EUR single payment
Strongly recommended for international Master students and PhD candidates, costs 750 EUR. Includes intensive language & integration class prior to studies (8 weeks) as well as evening classes in German language during the first and second semester.
Assessment Fee: 50 EUR single payment
The university has to charge a fee of 50 EUR for the verification and acceptance of foreign qualifications and certificates. Exceptions:
- Exchange students, for example, partner schools or ERASMUS students
- Scholarship holders (DAAD)
- Foreign applicants with an intermediate diploma of a German university, who wish to continue their studies in the same study course
Monthly Costs: in total ~ 600-650 EUR
- Accomodation approx.: ~230 EUR
- Health insurance: ~80 EUR
- Food: ~200 EUR
- Clothing: ~ 50 EUR
- Leisure time: ~ 50 EUR
- Internet & phone: ~ 25 EUR
There are numerous scholarship programmes for scholarships at TUK. The following pages provide an overview of the funding opportunities for German and foreign students, doctoral candidates and scientists. You will also find information on important foundations and funding organisations. If you have any questions, please contact the BAföG and Scholarships Department.TUK is offering the following scholarships for the first six months of 2019 – subject to approval of the funds
DAAD STIBET and Excellence Scholarships of the Scholarship Foundation Rhineland-Palatinate.Application is only possible online. All documents as well as the application form (sent as pdf after the online application)